Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thank you, Google Reader!

This will be a quick post, and it will not be of interest to anyone who doesn't use google reader.

My biggest gripe with google reader (well, my biggest gripe since they've installed the search bar) is that the "mark all read" button is so close to the "refresh" button, and that there was no way to disable the button or undo a "mark all read." Many many many a time I've been sleepy and trying to refresh, when instead I've clicked mark all read and hundreds (in one case thousands) of posts I'd had marked as "unread" for one reason or another were gone.

As of today, a few minutes ago, when I accidentally clicked "mark all read" a popup window came up: "are you SURE you want to mark all 115 posts as read?" I told it nope, and went along my merry way.

Googlereader is the one webap I use more than any other, and it's become an important part of my day. This one little minor change by google has made the product infiniately more enjoyable for me, and much less stressful - never again will I be too afraid to use Reader at night! Or when I'm tired! Or when i'm forgetful! Thank you, google!

No comments: