Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ultimate Workout Playlists: collected

So, since my new job (yay!) will mean that I won't have the leisure to arrange my workouts around available spin classes, I figure some new workout mixes are called for. There are a couple of blogs that have featured some, so I figured I'd collect them here.
Women's Health Magazine Strength Training Playlist:
1. Let's Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez
2. Jump - Van Halen
3. You've Got Another Thing Coming - Judas Priest
4. Jump Around - House of Pain
5. Set me Free - Velvet Revolver
6. Kick out the Jams - MC5
7. The Rising - Bruce Springsteen
8. Beautiful Day - U2
9. Let's Go - Trick Daddy
10. Something More - Sugarland
11. Ray of Light - Madonna
12. Get Up Stand Up - Bob Marley

From Fitness, via That's Fit:
1. Good Day - Tally Hall
2. Mercy - Duffy
3. Elevator - Flo Rida
4. 4 Minutes to Save the World - Madonna
5. Touch My Body - Mariah Carey

There are a whole lot of user-recommended ones here, also.

Songs that've been big on my recent playlists:
*Sticks and Stones - The Pierces
I have no idea how I worked out without the Pierces. Most of their songs are bouncy with the right amount of edge.
*I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan
Don't laugh. It's inspiring! I usually use this, when I use it, as the first song. It's got a good beat, and it has a nice rise in intensity for the begining of a run.
*See You Again - Milie Cyrus
I'm embarrassed I like this song as much as I do, but it really is catchy. I like to stick this somewhere where I might want to slowdown because the beat keeps me going.

No comments: